The official app of the Pennsylvania Game Commission. This app provides official information for Pennsylvania hunters and furtakers.
- What’s Near Me? – Use the hunter-focused interactive map to find places of interest that are nearest to your current location. Use the distance slider and layer options to filter results. Layers include: state game lands, license sale locations, wildlife management unit boundaries, waterfowl zones, pheasant release sites, region offices, state parks and more.
- What’s in Season? – See what’s in season by filtering species, date, or management area.
- Share Location – Let friends and family know where you are.
- View fluorescent orange requirements, legal hunting hours, license privileges, seasons and bag limits, and the current Hunting & Trapping Digest regardless of internet connection.
- Report a harvest, violation, road-killed deer, or wildlife emergency.
- Find a license issuing outlet or purchase your license or permit online.
- Check the status of your antlerless deer, elk, or controlled goose hunt application.
- Contact the Game Commission’s region offices and headquarters.
Tips for using the Mobile app
- Turn on the location services. The mobile application will only access pertinent location information, in real time, to utilize location-dependent features.
- Filter What’s In Season by location. When choosing a location, you can select a Wildlife Management Unit, duck zone, goose zone, elk management area, or all.
- External links. Some links will take you outside of the app and require an internet connection. They are designated with a box and arrow icon to the right of the link. Example: www.sharedeer.orgOpens In A New WindowOpens In A New Window.
- Using the Map.
- Use the compass icon, top right, to see the map legend.
- Use the menu button, top right, to find additional layers. Tap the arrow next to a heading for sub menus.
- Use the folding map, top left, to change the map’s base layer.
- Using the Near Me feature.
- Tap Near Me to bring up a filter selection.
- Select a distance and layer(s) of interest, then tap Filter Results.
Future Features in the Works
Some features are already in the hopper for future enhancements
- What’s Near There. We have a what’s Near Me feature, we’re working on what’s Near There that could be used for planning trips away from your current location.
- Links and alerts to News Releases