The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) has scheduled several opportunities in May and June for families to get out and enjoy fishing.
These events lead up to the two statewide Fish for Free Days: May 28 (the Sunday before Memorial Day) and July 4.
Family Fishing Festivals are educational events designed for families with little or no fishing experience. The fishing license requirement is being waived for registered Family Fishing Festival participants, 16 years of age and older.
- May 6, Southcentral PA Region: Gifford Pinchot State Park – Conewago Day Use Area, York County, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 13, Southeast PA Region: Tohickon Access, Nockamixon State Park, Bucks County, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 20, Southwest PA Region: North Park County Park, Allegheny County, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- June 3, Northwest PA Region: M. K. Goddard State Park – Launch #3, Mercer County, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- June 11, Northcentral PA Region: Bald Eagle State Park – Pavilion #6 & #7, Centre County, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- June 25, Northeast PA Region: Frances Slocum State Park – Environmental Education Center, Luzerne County, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Visit www.GoneFishingPa.com to register or learn more about these events. Space is limited and there will be no registration taken the day of the event.